A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to the community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
Better is growing rapidly and looking for a recruiter to help build our team in Irvine, California. This person will partner with our hiring managers to build out creative talent strategies aimed at finding, attracting and closing top candidates to join the operations team. In this role, you will manage the experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, ensuring that the expectations of key stakeholders are not just met, but exceeded.
Responsibilities will include:
- Think outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partner with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Update and manage our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
- Source candidates from various platforms
- Tailor and post job listings for open positions
- Own candidate experience- guide them through the hiring process
- Greet, host and sell candidates during onsite interviews
Attributes we value
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
- 1-3 years of experience recruiting
Back to top