Product Manager, Growth
A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage lender from the ground up. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Product Manager to help our company grow to the next level. Our user base is diverse, ranging from first-time homebuyers in a competitive market, seasoned financial whizzes looking to refinance, or the investors that purchase loans on our platforms. Our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America, and we want your help making that goal a reality.
The next member of Better’s PM team will focus primarily on growth, reducing the cost of customer acquisition and increasing the retention of existing customers. Your experience with testing and optimization will enhance our approach to customer-centric engagement; your experience building delightful experiences will show, not sell, our values; and your balanced interest in strategy and execution will help us plan, as well as execute. You’ll work collaboratively with your fellow PMs, as well as across the organization with our marketing, engineering, business, and design teams.
Attributes we value
- You have experience with acquisition, conversion, and retention. You can bring projects of this nature all the way from idea to implementation, through to ongoing improvement.
- You have solid technical proficiency and are a trusted partner of engineers. Communicating about technical topics should be your forte, and you should be willing to prototype, analyze data, and assist with technical trade-offs when needed.
- You enjoy learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic (most of us didn't know a thing about mortgages before we started).
- You are adept at asking the right questions of data and enjoy planning, testing, implementing, and refining campaigns
- You have excellent communication skills and can partner with coworkers effectively
- Above all else, you are driven to improve the user experience (whether those users are within the company or end users) by listening to user feedback, performing research, and prioritizing according to long-term goals.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top