A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, creating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Product Manager to help our team solve our users’ biggest problems. All of our users have their own fascinating needs, whether they’re first-time homebuyers in a competitive market, seasoned financial whizzes looking to refinance, or the investors that purchase loans on our platforms.
Our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. To do this, we need you to wear many hats, ranging from a visionary redesigning the needlessly complex mortgage process; a data analyst uncovering how to make the most impact; to a problem solver working with highly skilled engineers and industry experts to resolve technical, operational, and marketing challenges.
Our team is still small, and you will have the opportunity to take ownership of small, medium, and large challenges, like going through bugs, triaging issues, and testing new features. We believe in building a meritocracy that rewards great work with greater responsibility, with the opportunity to make your own path within our organization.
Attributes we value
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience bringing projects all the way from idea to implementation, through to ongoing improvement.
- You have solid technical proficiency and are a trusted partner of engineers. Ideally, you write code yourself, but communicating about technical topics should be your forte.
- You enjoy learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic (most of us didn't know a thing about mortgages before we started).
- You are adept at asking the right questions of data and finding answers yourself to help guide product decisions.
- You have excellent communication skills and can partner with coworkers in marketing, operations, user experience, legal, and business roles.
- Your interests and knowledge are broad. Some of the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines, so side projects and explorations are a big plus!
- Above all else, you are driven to improve the user experience (whether those users are within the company or end users) by listening to user feedback, performing research, and prioritizing according to long-term goals.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Head of Product
Fil filters the needs and preferences of users to the engineers who build Better’s features. He also works with the Operations Team to improve productivity and tighten the iteration cycle.
Back to top