A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
In just over two years we funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service award — and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn't easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
As Better's Partnerships Analyst, you will be focused on implementing and managing strategic marketing partnerships. Since the team’s inception, we’ve been on a mission to change the way people think about marketing a mortgage because, while we do help people finance homes, the real value comes from meeting customers where they are and helping them throughout their journey — whether they’re buying a home or considering refinancing an existing home.
Better’s Partnerships Analyst will work closely with the Director of Partnerships to identify and onboard new partners, with a focus on partnerships that expose Better to new audiences or provide existing Better customers with services that would support their homeownership journey. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with teams internally, from engineering and product to sales and ops, ensuring that all new partners are seamlessly brought into the Better ecosystem.
In addition to managing the day-to-day relationships with partners once they’re onboarded, you’ll continually assess performance to find opportunities for optimizations. You’ll be responsible for working across teams to implement improvements, and will also be asked to share results and report out on partner performance on a regular cadence.
This ideal candidate will need to be collaborative, analytical, a strong communicator, and share a strong commitment to helping more people access affordable home financing. At Better, marketing is a team sport and we’re excited to add a new player.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Partnerships to manage the full partnership cycle from prospect to contract, integration to optimization
- Own the ongoing business relationship between partners, acting as the key liaison. Exceed expectations by being responsive, providing insights, and resolving technical issues
- Work across internal teams (product, finance, sales, operations) to ensure successful initial and ongoing integration
- Evaluate partnership performance, develop short- and long-term strategies and act upon optimization opportunities
- Build on existing reporting dashboards for tracking to goals and share learnings weekly
Attributes we value
- 2 - 4 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical foundation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Empathy for our customers
- Team player
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Bonus points for
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- HTML / CSS for email
- Basic SQL skills
Back to top