Partnership Development Manager
A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, generating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
*This opportunity is located in San Francisco.
A Better opportunity
We’re putting the mortgage industry on notice. We’re done with the inefficiency, excessive costs, and horrible experience being perpetrated on home buyers. Following the status quo won’t help us deliver a 1% mortgage experience to the 99%.
We’re looking for a Partnership Development Manager to help our launch our San Francisco market presence and upset the status quo of home buying in the Bay Area. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the growth of our real estate agent referral network on the West Coast. We’ll depend on you to build and maintain relationships with important influencers in the real estate community, finding ways to partner with and empower agents to help more people buy their dream home. You’ll drive strategy and engagement initiatives while maintaining high visibility, networking within professional associations, online resources and one-on-one and may participate as a speaker at events or as a spokesperson for public relations efforts. Your success will grow out of close collaboration with our Strategy, Partnership Development, Marketing, and Customer Loyalty teams to find, acquire and ensure the success of our real estate industry partners.
Attributes we value
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- 4-6 years of demonstrated success in business development and/or relationship management, preferably within the San Francisco real estate industry
- Goal-oriented, with experience creating and executing strategic short- and long-term plans.
- Excellent leader, with a strong track record of developing winning teams.
- Ability to move very quickly and think strategically, mapping communications goals to broader business goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You enjoy learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic (most of us didn't know a thing about mortgages before we started).
- You are highly adaptable and able to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Previous startup experience a plus.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top