A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, generating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing company where being a Paralegal is more than just a job. As part of the Better Legal/Compliance Team, you will perform tasks that are important to the success of our mortgage origination business in the areas of licensing, compliance, administration, corporate governance and litigation. More specifically, you will:
- Handle all aspects of regulatory licensing
- Prepare necessary compliance filings
- Maintain document files
- Assist in Mergers & Acquisitions diligence and activities
- Assist legal team as necessary
- Assist and manage document retention initiatives, as well as legal policies and training
- Coordinate and manage other projects as needed
- Assist with administrative tasks
Attributes we value
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, outgoing communicator capable of delivering best-in-class service, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- You have at least two years prior experience as a licensing or corporate paralegal or related experience.
- You have excellent communication skills - written and oral - and aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need help.
- You enjoy learning and can quickly get up to speed on any topic.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You pay attention to detail and are extremely organized, even when things get crazy!
- You possess unyielding integrity and are able to preserve absolute confidentiality.
- You are flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- You think outside of the box in difficult situations: giving up is never an option.
- Your interests and knowledge are broad.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top