A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, creating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
In this role, you will be in the front seat of a fast-growing start-up. By the end of your first year, you will be a master of credit analytics, scenario analysis, and borrower underwriting. All the while, you will help to build out Better’s core processes and culture. If you have a general interest and aptitude for finance and technology, we’d love to hear from you. We do not require any previous experience. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities wil include
- Learn the ‘ins-and-outs’ of the mortgage business quickly and become an expert in consumer finance (e.g., review of income, assets, credit, and property)
- Drive the continuous re-engineering of our mortgage production process by thinking critically about how we can leverage technology to resolve operational gaps / challenges
- Leverage operational know-how to be an effective thought partner to company leadership in mapping out strategic objectives and direction
- Set the bar high for performance and becoming stalwarts of a company culture that attracts, retains, and develops top talent
- Have a ‘do whatever it takes’ mentality and be agile and effective at supporting short-term operational / business requirements
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Head of Product
Fil filters the needs and preferences of users to the engineers who build Better’s features. He also works with the Operations Team to improve productivity and tighten the iteration cycle.
Back to top