A Better Company:
With offices in New York City and Delhi, Better is revolutionizing the way people get a mortgage -- starting with the $12 trillion US mortgage market. Americans pay more money for housing than they do for almost all other things combined -- 33% of personal consumption expenditure. Yet somehow the mortgage process still takes 49 days, costs over $5,000 in administrative fees, and requires over 225 pages of paper and endless phone calls with commissioned loan brokers. We think this is insane -- so we’re fixing it.
First, we bought an existing mortgage bank and brought on the best engineers from companies like Spotify and Google. Now, we’re leveraging advances in data science, machine learning, and UX design to make mortgages simple, transparent, and delightful. We currently give consumers rates in 3 seconds and approvals in 30 seconds, not days. Last month alone, we funded over $60 million in mortgages -- and we’re just getting started.
A Better Opportunity:
In this role, you will be in the front seat of a fast-growing start-up. By the end of your first year, you will be a master of credit analytics, scenario analysis, and borrower underwriting. All the while, you will help to build out Better’s core processes and culture. If you have a general interest and aptitude for finance and technology, we’d love to hear from you. We do not require any previous experience. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Learn the ‘ins-and-outs’ of the mortgage business quickly and become an expert in consumer finance (e.g., review of income, assets, credit, and property)
- Drive the continuous re-engineering of our mortgage production process by thinking critically about how we can leverage technology to resolve operational gaps / challenges
- Leverage operational know-how to be an effective thought partner to company leadership in mapping out strategic objectives and direction
- Set the bar high for performance and becoming stalwarts of a company culture that attracts, retains, and develops top talent
- Have a ‘do whatever it takes’ mentality and be agile and effective at supporting short-term operational / business requirements
Back to top