Loan Processor Manager
A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, creating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
We’re putting the mortgage industry on notice. We’re done with the inefficiency, excessive costs, and horrible experience being perpetrated on home buyers.
Following the status quo won’t help us deliver a 1% mortgage experience to the 99%. As Better's Loan Processor Manager, your responsibilities will be wide in scope. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan.
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions.
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness.
- Request and manage organization of borrower loan documentation.
- Submit loans to AUS.
- Manage team objectives and KPIs throughout production cycles.
- Monitor and develop processing daily cadence as the product continues to improve.
Attributes we value
- 3-5+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- 2 years of management experience
- Strong understanding of purchase, refi, and jumbo guidelines
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top