A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, creating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Loan Processor to join the team. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications and managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
- Request and manage organization of borrower loan documentation
- Submit loans to AUS
Attributes we value:
- 1+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Head of Product
Fil filters the needs and preferences of users to the engineers who build Better’s features. He also works with the Operations Team to improve productivity and tighten the iteration cycle.
Back to top