A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Loan Processor to join our new team in Irvine, California. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications and managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, San Francisco and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. Our new office in Irvine, California is a key part of this strategy.
In joining our Irvine team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
- Request and manage organization of borrower loan documentation
- Submit loans to AUS
Attributes we value
- 2-4+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Back to top