Head of Borrower Engagement
A Better Company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
At Better we work tirelessly toward removing all unnecessary friction and cost from the home financing process. We iterate rapidly on behalf of our borrowers, introducing improvements to our products and services every single day. We have created the best in market customer experience, and now strive toward a goal previously unachievable in our industry: creating borrower delight.
Your job will be to lead our efforts in growing, guiding, and constantly improving a sales and customer service organization that manifests true borrower delight with unrivaled efficacy.
As our Head of Borrower Engagement, you will be responsible for maintaining an unwavering user-first mentality across our entire organization. In partnership with other departments, you will grow and lead a better than best in class customer service and growth team; leveraging tools and data to systematize and continuously improve policies and processes aimed at delighting Better borrowers.
- Work within our mortgage operations team to establish compliant service practices that align with our business goals
- Work closely with our user experience design team to create customer success practices that delight borrowers
- Manage our staff of service professionals
- Define the Better SLA (and come up with a better name for SLA)
- Identify and define BDIs (borrower delight indicators) both qualitative and quantitative
- Create and manage a training program for success staff members (both initial and ongoing)
- Identify and define the metrics and measurements to assess team member performance, and the mechanisms to improve
- Help drive a culture of borrower delight by passionately advocating for our borrowers both internally (to your team, fellow leaders at Better) and externally (to vendors, business partners, investors)
- Work with other leaders at Better to decide what borrower delight functions can be automated or outsourced, and what must remain local and personal
Attributes We Value
- A relentless passion for world-class borrower delight
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines and make adjustments accordingly
- Sense of extreme ownership and accountability
- Ability to steer a great borrower delight organization for a product that is constantly changing
What You’ve Done
- Built and managed a recognized best-in-class customer success organization in a fast paced, growing company for a product that is constantly changing
- Driven significant and measurable customer service improvements (e.g., reduced response times, reduced total inquiries)
- Driven significant and measurable customer satisfaction improvements (e.g., increased NPS, increased retention)
- Successfully scaled a success organization so that it delighted thousands of consumers monthly
- Spent at least 2 years owning the customer success function for a technically complex product or service
Bonus Points For
Experience running a customer success team:
- In a highly regulated industry
- For a product or service with a price point above $10k
- For a product or service with a transaction cycle of more 15 days
Back to top