Front End Engineer
A Better company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry by simultaneously building the future of real estate and upgrading the consumer credit experience. Our team integrates leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google into a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience, creating an institution unlike any other. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and the goal of making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most people's lives.
A Better opportunity
Help us by building a product that will change millions of lives. Our company is still small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We offer highly competitive compensation and full benefits, as well as meaningful equity. We also provide yummy lunch every day!
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need great front-end engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our tech team, you will play a key role in helping us create delightful experiences in a sound and scalable way.
Attributes we value
- You have keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re really detail-oriented. Like really detail-oriented.
- You’re obsessed with shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- You have great interpersonal skills and a willingness to go above and beyond when collaborating with designers and engineers.
- You have extensive experience with at least one of the following: Ember, React, D3, Backbone.
- You can create a fast build pipeline with npm, Gulp, Webpack, or other tools.
- You have some experience with Node.js and/or Python.
- Bonus points if you contribute to open source projects or have some of your own.
- More bonus points if you have computer graphics, motion graphics, or mobile experience.
- You can be a trusted partner to other engineers - everybody works on every part of the product.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top