Finance & Accounting Associate
A Better Company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
Better is looking for a Finance & Accounting associate to join the existing team in managing and developing solid financial foundations for our fast growing fintech company. You will work under our Director of Finance and Accounting across a plethora of accounting and finance areas: hands-on involvement with the entire monthly reporting cycle, financial statement preparation, budget vs variance, and financial modeling and projections. This is a great role for someone eager to develop into a finance/accounting professional from the ground up. In order to be the right fit, you must be able to combine innovation and organization that meets the company’s growth and changing needs. Your success will be defined by your ability to tackle the current responsibilities and then take it to the next level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the planning and preparation of its budget, and subsequent tracking and monitoring
- Work with Management team and others in the organization to develop budget vs actual variances
- Data driven approach to the business to include proactive forecasting, analysis and projections to improve effectiveness of the organization
- Perform risk analysis and assist in developing internal controls, policies and procedures
- Select treasury and cash management duties
- Liaise with India office and our related parties to ensure timeliness and accuracy of reports
Attributes We Value:
- 1- to 2 years experience at a public accounting firm, preferably in audit practice
- Knowledge of GAAP principles, IFRS a plus
- Advanced knowledge of excel and PPT
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting software for small companies
- Strong communications skills and ability to work with others
- CPA or studying for CPA
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Head of Product
Fil filters the needs and preferences of users to the engineers who build Better’s features. He also works with the Operations Team to improve productivity and tighten the iteration cycle.
Back to top