A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage platform from the ground up. We’ve already funded $1 billion in loans, and we’re just getting started. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a corporate recruiter to join our talent practice, focusing on building out our business functions, including finance, legal, marketing, and business operations. This person will partner with our hiring managers to build out creative talent strategies aimed at finding, attracting and closing top candidates. In this role, you will manage the experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, ensuring that expectations of key stakeholders are not just met, but exceeded.
Responsibilities will include:
- Think outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partner with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Update and manage our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
- Source candidates from various platforms
- Tailor and post job listings for open positions
- Own candidate experience- guide them through the hiring process
- Greet, host and sell candidates during onsite interviews
Attributes we value
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
- 1-3 years of experience working with and recruiting for corporate functions
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top