Closing Associate- San Francisco
A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage lender from the ground up. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Closing Associate to join the team. You will work cross collaboratively with many parties, including borrowers, external institutions, and other Better teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing Closing Disclosures in compliance with TRID guidelines.
- Producing Closing Packages for loan closings.
- Guiding borrowers from the point of underwriting approval to funding.
- Working with various third parties to ensure an efficient experience for our borrowers.
- Closing 75-100 loans per month.
- Being outspoken about ways in which we can improve borrower experience. We value your feedback!
Attributes we value
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability.
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top