A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to the community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Closing Associate to join the team. You will work cross collaboratively with many parties, including borrowers, external institutions, and other Better teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing Closing Disclosures in compliance with TRID guidelines.
- Producing Closing Packages for loan closings.
- Guiding borrowers from the point of underwriting approval to funding.
- Working with various third parties to ensure an efficient experience for our borrowers.
- Closing 75-100 loans per month.
- Being outspoken about ways in which we can improve borrower experience. We value your feedback!
Attributes we value
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability.
Back to top