A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Better is looking for a Closing Associate to join our new team in Irvine, California. You will work cross collaboratively with many parties, including borrowers, external institutions, and other Better teams.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, San Francisco and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. Our new office in Irvine, California is a key part of this strategy.
In joining our Irvine team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing Closing Disclosures in compliance with TRID guidelines.
- Producing Closing Packages for loan closings.
- Guiding borrowers from the point of underwriting approval to funding.
- Working with various third parties to ensure an efficient experience for our borrowers.
- Closing 75-100 loans per month.
- Being outspoken about ways in which we can improve borrower experience. We value your feedback!
Attributes we value
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability.
Back to top