Capital Markets Associate
A Better Company
At Better, we're making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
We are looking for a Capital Markets Associate to play a critical role in building and growing an institutional scale, technology-driven capital markets group. The Capital Markets Associate will work directly with senior management to build out the pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization functions. This is an opportunity to build a capital markets group from the ground up.
Examples of high level business milestones you will achieve:
- Use real-time market intelligence to determine live pricing of our products which are being served to customers 24/7
- Maximize loan sale revenue by determining optimal pricing and execution, and by finding and owning opportunities such as new investor relationships, execution methods and products
- Manage interest rate and execution risks by building a data-driven trading/hedging functionality
- Build out customer facing servicing function to create lasting brand impact with our consumers
- Minimize financing costs and ensure a diverse source of financing & liquidity for the company
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting analytical work utilizing diverse data sets for live transactions, scenario analysis, strategic decision-making and retrospective analysis
- Helping develop and manage relationships with some of the largest hedge funds, broker/dealers and mortgage lenders in the world, as well as ratings agencies, government agencies, etc.
- Owning the entire lifecycle of business goals and milestones, from initial pitch to negotiation to diligence to deal execution and follow up
- Spearheading ad-hoc / special projects which will entail independent learning and trial & error towards an important business goal - you should be comfortable wearing several different hats
Attributes We Value
- Get Things Done mentality: Identify, overcome and work around obstacles and get to the finish line
- Able to operate in an ambiguous, constantly shifting environment; see the white space.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities with a high attention to detail
- 1-3 years work experience in finance/capital markets, with a focus in securitized products.
- Experience with reporting, SQL and working with disparate data sets, Pyhton ability a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency with Google apps
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Head of Product
Fil filters the needs and preferences of users to the engineers who build Better’s features. He also works with the Operations Team to improve productivity and tighten the iteration cycle.
Back to top