Capital Markets Analyst- India Office
A Better Company
With offices in New York City and Delhi, Better is making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
In this role, you will be in the front seat of a fast-growing start-up. You will play a critical role in building and growing an institutional scale, technology-driven capital markets group. You will work directly with senior management to build out the pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing, and securitization functions. This is an opportunity to help build a capital markets group from the ground up.
- Conduct analytical work utilizing diverse data sets for live transactions, scenario analysis, strategic decision-making, and retrospective analysis
- Involvement in entire lifecycle of business goals and milestones, from initial pitch to negotiation to diligence to deal execution and follow up
- Spearhead ad-hoc / special projects which will entail independent learning and trial and error towards an important business goal
- Maximize loan sale revenue by determining optimal pricing and execution, and by finding and engaging new execution methods
- Manage interest rate and execution risks by building a trading / hedging functionality from ground up, including 24/7 pricing and hedging driven by rules-based algorithms
- Minimize financing costs by optimizing use of warehouse facilities
- Work closely with digital marketing team to identify opportunities to reach more customers, including via new product development
Attributes We Value
- Get Things Done mindset: identify, overcome, and work around obstacles
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity with the mindset of an explorer and adventurer
- Working knowledge and interest in finance and capital markets
- Strong critical thinking and analytic abilities with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with reporting, SQL, and working with disparate data sets ideal
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency with creating engaging and impactful presentations to further business objectives
Back to top