Business Operations Assoicate
A Better Company:
With offices in New York City and Delhi, Better is revolutionizing the way people get a mortgage -- starting with the $12 trillion US mortgage market. Americans pay more money for housing than they do for almost all other things combined -- 33% of personal consumption expenditure. Yet somehow the mortgage process still takes 49 days, costs over $5,000 in administrative fees, and requires over 225 pages of paper and endless phone calls with commissioned loan brokers. We think this is insane -- so we’re fixing it.
First, we bought an existing mortgage bank and brought on the best engineers from companies like Spotify and Google. Now, we’re leveraging advances in data science, machine learning, and UX design to make mortgages simple, transparent, and delightful. We currently give consumers rates in 3 seconds and approvals in 30 seconds, not days. Last month alone, we funded over $60 million in mortgages -- and we’re just getting started.
A Better Opportunity:
The business operations (‘BizOps’) team at Better is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and solving some of Better’s most critical business challenges. In this role, you will be in the front seat of a fast-growing start-up. We’ll count on you to identify and solve big issues before they happen, bring structure to complex problems, derive insight from analysis, and work across the business to drive implementation. After 1-2 years, you may be taking on leadership roles at other global offices of Better.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and solving ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing start-up
- Re-thinking traditional mortgage process flows combining the expertise of industry experts and the power of technology
- Conceptualizing technology developments by identifying pain points and operational lags
- Monitoring our external environment actively (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) to deliver insights / implications for the business
- Strong performer with 2-3 years experience in business operations / management consulting / investment banking at top-tier firm
- Bias-to-action coupled with strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Proven leadership abilities
- Start-up experience / tangible experience building something from the ground up
- Excel and Powerpoint expert, SQL / R / Python is a big plus
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in ambiguous and uncertain environments
Back to top