Business Operations Associate- India Office
A Better Company
With offices in New York City and Delhi, Better is making getting a mortgage fast, simple, and delightful. Recognized as the technology leader in mortgage lending, Better provides borrowers a superior home financing experience to any previously possible.
From our offices in Downtown NYC, we're revolutionizing a $12 trillion industry; building the future of real estate and consumer credit. Our team combines leading software engineers from companies like Spotify and Google with a mortgage bank that has three generations of experience. Together we’re building groundbreaking technology driven by user-centric design principles, and making the mortgage experience what it should be – an exciting and delightful part of the biggest transaction in most Americans’ lives.
A Better Opportunity
The business operations (‘BizOps’) team at Better is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and solving some of Better’s most critical business challenges. In this role, you will be in the front seat of a fast-growing start-up. We’ll count on you to identify and solve big issues before they happen, bring structure to complex problems, derive insight from analysis, and work across the business to drive implementation. After 1-2 years, you may be taking on leadership roles at other global offices of Better.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and solving ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing start-up
- Re-thinking traditional mortgage process flows combining the expertise of industry experts and the power of technology
- Conceptualizing technology developments by identifying pain points and operational lags
- Monitoring our external environment actively (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) to deliver insights / implications for the business
Attributes We Value
- Strong performer with 2-3 years experience in business operations / management consulting / investment banking at top-tier firm
- Bias-to-action coupled with strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Proven leadership abilities
- Start-up experience / tangible experience building something from the ground up
- Excel and Powerpoint expert, SQL / R / Python is a big plus
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in ambiguous and uncertain environments
Back to top