A Better Company:
With offices in New York City and Delhi, Better is revolutionizing the way people get a mortgage -- starting with the $12 trillion US mortgage market.
First, we bought an existing mortgage bank and brought on the best engineers from companies like Spotify and Google. Now, we’re leveraging advances in data science, machine learning, and UX design to make mortgages simple, transparent, and delightful. We currently give consumers rates in 3 seconds and approvals in 30 seconds, not days. Last month alone, we funded over $60 million in mortgages -- and we’re just getting started.
A Better Opportunity:
Better is looking for Analysts to join the team. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications and managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. If you have a general interest and aptitude for finance and technology, we’d love to hear from you. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Learn the ‘ins-and-outs’ of the mortgage business quickly and become an expert in consumer finance (e.g., review of income, assets, credit, and property)
- Drive the continuous re-engineering of our mortgage production process by thinking critically about how we can leverage technology to resolve operational gaps/challenges
- Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
- Request and manage organization of borrower loan documentation
Attributes we value:
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Perform well in team environments
- An attitude of continuous improvement (always looking for ways to improve/optimize our process)
- Willingness to hustle and “do whatever it takes” to accomplish the mission
Meet Some of Better Mortgage's Employees
Founder & CEO
It's not just about having the best idea—it's about actually making it happen.
Back to top