User Experience Researcher
About the right team member
You love figuring out how people interact with and connect to products. You’re focused on improving customer experience decisions by understanding customer motivation and intent. You see yourself as a scientist or detective, making sense of observations of human behaviors and action. Your research findings enable teams throughout the organization to make better informed, confident decisions. You believe good product begins and ends with the customer.
- As our first UX Researcher you will shape Betterment’s research methodology
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to develop appropriate research plans supporting project objectives
- Work closely with analytics and marketing teams to identify research topics across product lines
- Develop studies to translate insights into actionable improvements that influence our product roadmaps, marketing strategies, and business decisions
- Collect observations and analyze data about users through quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Coordinate and moderate regular usabilities studies and develop research materials (interview protocols, interview scripts, usability scripts, surveys, etc.)
- Synthesize results and recommendations in an easily digestible manner for project teams, product, design, engineering and executives.
- Contribute to cross-functional Voice of the Customer program to provide actionable product insights.
- Provide usability assessments (e.g., heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Evangelize best practices for research across the company
- 4+ years experience conducting product research with qualitative and quantitative methods
- Self motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Empathy in the workplace
- Great organizational skills, extra attention to detail
- Creativity, breadth of interests and initiative
- Interest in working in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to Have
- Interest in personal finance, financial planning or investing
- Experience as a senior member or leading a UX Research team
Back to top