Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition, Technology
About the right team member:
You’re a people person, a born networker, and a great judge of character. You’re a self-starter who loves to think outside the box about new ways to attract and recruit top talent. Your passion is connecting the dots between a brilliant candidate and the right opportunity at a company where they will not only succeed but be empowered to develop their skills and grow. You find it rewarding to be able to inspire change and process improvements using data to build your case. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment where no two days are the same, and where your work is appreciated and recognized!
At Betterment you will get to:
- Work directly with cross functional leadership teams to lead the full-life cycle recruiting process for open roles
- Be a brand ambassador, help people imagine the future of investing and inspire them to want to help create that future
- Partner closely with leadership teams to ensure recruiting strategy, prioritization and headcount alignment
- Put the candidate first in every interaction. Create an extraordinary candidate experience throughout our hiring process
- Manage our recruiting funnel, from sourcing through the on-boarding of our new hires
- Partner with Recruiting and People teams to develop, implement, and execute on our hiring and onboarding strategies
- Facilitate hiring kick-offs to ensure alignment around why we are hiring and how this new hire will impact the overall team and strategy at Betterment
- Identify and lead key initiatives that will enable the recruiting team to drive process change, scale our processes and operate efficiently
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Recruiting team members
- Conduct hiring retrospectives to improve hiring practices by assessing what worked well and what didn’t; apply those insights to current and future talent searches
- Work with hiring manager to map the talent landscape, calibrate on internal talent, referrals, and benchmark against the NYC market
- Identify, create and execute innovative recruiting strategies that not only result in exceeding hiring goals but are built to scale as we continue to grow.
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of technical recruiting experience
- A deep love for technology and the startup world
- Knowledge of where to find top engineering talent and how to get their attention
- Consistent track record of building and managing a diverse talent pipeline
- The ability to build strong relationships and trust with both hiring managers and candidates in a short amount of time
- A passion for trying new tools and techniques to enable us to work smarter
- Built out best practices that streamline interview processes and empower us to scale with volume
- Experience influencing across all functions and levels within an organization
- Been a creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come Join Us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top