Software Engineer Intern
About the Internship
Interns embed with existing engineering teams that are delivering code to production on critical company projects. This offers great exposure to what it’s really like being a professional software engineer; something very different from working on independent projects.
You'll work on a meaningful project that focuses on your area of interest in engineering. Some example of internship projects in the past:
- Developing a script to help catch money launderers and fraudsters.
- Creating five dashboards displaying charts, numbers and maps to make valuable data transparent to everyone in the company.
At Betterment, you’re going to
Build things people love. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible. Sleek design, simple user experience, and access to sophisticated advice.
Solve “impossible” problems. Take your ideas to the next level right away. We experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat.
Collaborate, with purpose. You’ll work in small groups with other talented thinkers and figure out how to make Betterment’s revolutionary software even better.
Gain trust through transparency. We believe in taking the guesswork out of investing. That means a consistent experience for our customers — you’ll build the tools to make it possible. We already have the best UX in the business. Let’s make it even better.
Create efficiency. Our software helps customers save time and money. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering.
Work with people who care. Half of our team is made up of engineers, but we believe everyone at Betterment is an engineer with their own tools. We’re a group of talented professionals who pride ourselves on what we do. We’re smart, innovative, energetic, and lots of fun.
About the right team member
You coded your final project in one weekend, don’t get folks who don’t get Git, and your best friend is Hubot. You can write code without breaking a sweat, and are looking to challenge your skills against New York’s finest.
You'll be effective if you
- Have prior internship experience at a startup or similar
- Have an interesting software side project work that’s been completed outside of school
- Have a passion for software engineering, and for creating what doesn’t exist
- Have experience in at least one server-side language - Ruby, Java, C#, C++, Python.
- Are majoring in: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, any Engineering discipline and are a Junior/Senior
Come join us
Back to top