Software Engineer - Cashflow & Automation
Betterment is hiring a Full Stack Engineer for our Cashflow and Automation team. Our team's mission is to build and maintain core customer facing features relating to the transfer of money and assets -- to, from, and around Betterment. We collaborate closely with our backend teams and other full stack teams, and work to bridge the customer facing experience with the various sophisticated backend systems that power our broker dealer. We live the fine line between working within existing constraints and pushing the boundary to deliver innovative features at a fast pace.
About the right team member:
You love building product you’re proud to share with your friends and family. You strive for fluid, delightful user experiences. You believe that the right abstraction is invaluable, and encapsulating complexity is vital to helping us thrive. You are excited to be in an environment where you get to work with multiple teams that span the entire company. You love to learn and to share your expertise with others in an open, collaborative environment.
At Betterment, you’ll get to:
- Build things people love. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible. Sleek design, efficient workflows, simple user experience, and access to sophisticated advice.
- Solve challenging problems and change an industry while you do it.
- Take your ideas to the next level right away and see the impact you can have. Work on features used by hundreds of thousands of people. We experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat.
- Collaborate, with purpose. You’ll work in small groups with other talented thinkers and figure out how to make Betterment’s revolutionary software even better.
- Gain trust through transparency. We believe in taking the guesswork out of investing. That means a consistent experience for our customers — you’ll build the tools to make it possible.
- Work with people who care. We’re a group of talented engineers who pride ourselves on what we do. We’re smart, innovative, energetic, and fun.
You’ll be effective if you have:
- Have experience in at least one server-side language - Ruby, Java, C#, C++, Python. We build our apps in Ruby on Rails
- Have a strong command of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Have a passion for software engineering, and for creating what doesn’t exist
- Know when the tradeoff is required to ship without compromising quality
- Realize that automated tests are a worthwhile investment
- Appreciate agility and pragmatism in software development
- Thrive in a startup environment
Technologies you’ll use:
You’ll be working alongside teams that live-and-breathe a variety of languages and frameworks and you will help us define the idioms to decouple systems that communicate via RESTful APIs and other protocols.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top