Senior Product Manager
About the right team member:
You have a proven track record of managing technical or financial products, and are passionate about building the financial services company you always wished you worked at.
You are an expert communicator, someone who can explain complex requirements to engineers, and in the next breath work to define the product strategy and product roadmap. It’s a good day when you get to write some requirements, whiteboard with engineers, and then write a little code (or at least some SQL). You are able to speak fluently about consumer financial products and technology. You are analytical by nature and comfortable answering questions with data.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Own and manage all aspects of our Broker-Dealer products including the consumer experience around transfers, automated cash flows, securities trading, and reconciliation
- Develop a deep understanding of our business, the competitive environment, our customers, key product metrics and regulatory requirements for our systems to help determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage
- Build highly available custody and trading systems to be used across the Betterment experience
- Prioritize long-term risk and scale projects alongside near-term development efforts
- Partner with our investing, design, engineering and marketing teams to craft and launch easy-to-use features that solve customer problems and evaluate product success
You will be effective if you have:
- Experience in fintech, financial advisory, and/or brokerage service; CFA a plus
- 4+ years of product management experience on a technical or financial product
- 1+ year of experience managing other Product Managers
- Strong analytical background with some prior experience in either finance, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or physics
- Experience working on highly technical problems at scale
- Pragmatic, with a track record of success working across teams
- Ability to learn quickly
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top