Senior Marketing Analyst
About the right team member:
You are a talented and proven analyst who can take Betterment to the next level of growth. You have a desire to impact the business, driving decisions through partnerships with key stakeholders. You have a strong bias towards actionability, always thinking “so what, now what.” You prioritize relentlessly, between analyses and within them, without letting perfect be the enemy of good. You love to learn, are always curious, and always looking to improve yourself and those around you. You enjoy activating your findings through strong presentation, communication, and written skills. You are proactive and always looking for a new insight to drive the business forward.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Perform advanced quantitative analysis and data mining to understand how our external marketing campaigns are performing and how customers respond to our CRM efforts
- Design and oversee experiments which rigorously test how we can improve customer acquisition, share of wallet, customer retention, and brand awareness
- Extract, combine and analyze data to produce actionable insights to help optimize customer acquisition and retention efforts
- Distill and communicate key insights to the marketing team and the rest of the company via verbal, visual, and written media
- Partner with our Marketing and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities both in the business and our methods
- Demonstrate the impact of your work with detailed metrics and analysis
- Be innovative and resourceful in both your ideas and methods
- Be flexible in your approach to solving problems and quick to refine based on feedback
You will be effective if you have:
- 3+ years of related experience and a degree in a related field
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a firm grasp of marketing analytics techniques
- Experience working in marketing analytics, using platforms such as Mixpanel, Google Analytics, DMPs
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one statistical software package, ideally R or Python
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of experimental design and management
- Strong communication skills to articulate findings
- Interest in analyzing marketing data and understanding customer trends
- Willingness to become a “full stack” analyst
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in a growth stage company
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, etc.
- Familiarity with and interest in personal finance & investing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Product Design Manager
Jaime uses consumer feedback in order to build the automated financial planning products that empower Betterment's customers to take control of their financial futures.
Back to top