Why spend your summer at Betterment?
Our paid internship is a 10-week fully immersive program where you will make big contributions in a short amount of time. Betterment’s internship program is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: We invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our inner-workings. You’ll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, and gain knowledge for future endeavors. Best of all, you get to experience what it’s like working for a leading fintech robo-advisor in the industry — in the heart of New York City.
About the Internship:
Be part of the team responsible for securing Betterment’s customers and data. This offers great exposure to pragmatic and scalable security practices - solutions that work and will protect us in the face of the changing threat landscape.
You’ll work with technology and business teams across the organization to drive our security governance, risk, and compliance initiatives. You’ll work on projects that fit with your information security interests, such as:
- Creating dashboards to answer questions like “how secure are we?” and “where should we focus our time and resources?”
- Managing timelines and status on security projects and initiatives to ensure they are delivered successfully and on time
- Building a documentation repository for our risk, security, and product development principles to facilitate more effective responses to regulatory inquiries and customer diligence requests
- Integrating threat feeds into security tools for better detection and response capabilities
About the right team member:
You are process oriented, love to think about how to break things as much how to fix them, understand the people aspects of security, and are ready to build an industry leading security program.
You'll be effective if you:
- Have prior internship experience at a startup or similar
- Understand the people aspects of security and enjoy collaborating with others to build secure things
- Have excellent writing skills to develop and edit documentation that will be used as guides, templates, and communication tools
- Have foundational understanding of information security principles or knowledge of industry standards (e.g., NIST 800-series, ISO 27000 series, SANS CSC, PCI-DSS)
- Are majoring in: Computer Science, Information Security/Assurance, Cybersecurity, or MIS/CIS
Back to top