About the right team member
You’re a driven, self-starter that is passionate about change. You like a challenge and are creative in your solutions. This position will be based in NYC and focused on generating new business through institutional-level sales to C-Suites representing Betterment for Business 401k’s solutions. You'll join a new and growing team with big goals to drive major change in the retirement plan market.
At Betterment, you’ll get to:
- Lead sales territory and account plans selling activities.
- Ensure effective and consistent use of CRM tools to accurately track prospecting and deal flow, customer and contact information and timely forecasting of results.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and sales cadence.
- Articulate the path to closure and key tactical steps for each account from prospecting to closing to onboarding.
- Collaborate with internal teams to craft and continually shape understanding of a client’s compelling events, critical success factors, buying and decision criteria.
- Monitor sales product as related to sales goals and prepare an ongoing analysis of sales and operational metrics.
- Possess an attitude of collaboration and relationship-building both within and outside of the company
- Develop account strategies in partnership with marketing, product management, and relationship managers.
- Be a recognized presence in industry associations and continual learning of industry drivers and trends
You’ll be effective if you have:
- Five to ten years of client-facing experience within the plan sponsor marketplace
- Prior experience selling financial software solutions is highly valued
- Stellar sales track record of exceeding revenue targets as well as a willingness to be hands-on and build long-term client relationships
- Strong initiative and flexibility, excellent long-range planning, effective organization and time-management skills are all essential for success in this role
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations
- Proficiency in Salesforce, GSuite, Microsoft Office
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 370,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top