About the right team member:
You understand and can explain all things in the 401(k) world – plan design, how to execute a successful conversion from start to finish, and you’re up to date on regulatory issues and trends in the space. You specifically have experience at a recordkeeper or TPA and know the ins and outs of loan calculations and have seen it all when it comes to qualified plans. You care deeply about doing what's right and what's best for the customer.
You love exceeding client expectations, have strong attention to detail, and know what it means to champion a brand. You are the voice of the company for clients, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment in an area where they haven’t previously been happy. You understand what it’s like to be a client, and to go further to solve client problems. You are a strong communicator including phone, email, and in-person meetings. Organization comes naturally to you. You are entrepreneurial, and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem solving. You dream up ways to change and improve the way Americans save money for their retirement.
As the primary point of contact between Betterment for Business and its defined contribution clients, this role is critical to the success of our line of business. We welcome strong entrepreneurs who are scrappy and inventive and who strive to craft the best possible plan sponsor experience.
At Betterment you will get to:
Successfully lead our 401(k) plan sponsor relationships with all questions, specifically as it relates to recordkeeping, plan design, payroll, audit, fiduciary oversight, and compliance. Ensure clients have a delightful Betterment 401(k) experience.
PROVIDE ONGOING 401(K) EXPERTISE FOR PLAN SPONSORS:
- Work with the compliance team to deliver and explain annual compliance test results and help the client understand next steps including government filings
- Lead plan design conversations with clients to ensure the most intelligent design is brought to life
- Play an active role in the conversion and onboarding of Betterment 401(k) plans for employers
- Support the New Business team as the defined contribution product authority during the sales process, especially when it comes to instilling confidence in potential clients
- Be the internal voice of the 401(k) client to offer insights to Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to help build a better product
- Deliver above-and-beyond client service
You will be effective if you have:
- 5+ years work experience with defined contribution plan administration recordkeeping, or 401(k) lead experience
- Strong desire to work in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt, be creative, and learn
- Scrappy, “can-do” attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bonus point if you have an industry designation such as QKA or QPA
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top