Product Marketing Manager
About the Right Team Member:
You’re product-oriented and excited to work with our marketing, product, design, and engineering teams to bring new features and products to market that revolutionize personal savings and investing. You’re an expert at building marketing insights from analysis, tests, and customer intuition, and you are eager to develop your strategic marketing capabilities. You are an adept project manager, who enjoys being at the hub of a cross-functional team to bring a new feature to market.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Be an expert on how our target audience evaluates and adopts products and services throughout their customer lifecycle
- Create product positioning and messaging that differentiates our product in the market
- Create multi-channel go-to-market strategies
- Develop and execute launch plans for new Betterment features, products, and services
- Launch new features into market that drive customer acquisition and product adoption
- Work with market and user research teams to better understand our customer needs and behavior
- Estimate business impact of new feature launches to help prioritize marketing resources
- Work as a part of a product squad to help quickly bring meaningful new features to market
- Track performance on an ongoing basis to ensure that customers are making the most of Betterment, and develop plans to continually drive feature adoption
You will be effective if you have:
- 4+ years working in Product Marketing, tech company preferred
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally to bring new features to market
- Proven problem-solver who proactively identifies issues, formulates plans to nimbly resolve these issues, and effectively communicates the results
- Strong analytical background with proven ability to develop reports/surveys and make data-driven decisions
- Experience managing and executing projects, across multiple teams with shifting priorities
- Experience executing in an agile development environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in consumer financial services
- Prior experience in user research activities such as questionnaire/surveying, usability testing, interviews, market research, and focus groups
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top