About the right team member:
At Betterment we strive to build a smarter, more efficient money management platform for everyone. We are growing rapidly and we need people who are passionate about creating products that will empower our customers to make the most of their money. Our challenge is to engage users with Betterment’s powerful financial products in a way that is intuitive and delightful. We are redefining an industry and we need innovative Product Managers to further our momentum.
You are an expert communicator: someone who can explain complex requirements to engineers, and, in the next moment, work to define the product strategy and roadmap working closely with our marketing team. It’s a good day when you get to write some requirements, whiteboard with design, investigate a conversion funnel, or strategize a launch with marketing. You should have experience in asset management, fintech, or finance, enabling you to speak fluently about consumer financial products and technology. You need to be analytical by nature and comfortable answering questions with data.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative products that drive user growth
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, data scientists, and user researchers to analyze patterns and trends, and identify new opportunities for growth
- Manage and define detailed product requirements, ensuring that the product meets customers needs, growth goals, and adoption targets
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive environment, our customers, and key product metrics that help determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage
- Partner with our investing, design, engineering, and marketing teams to craft and launch beautiful, easy-to-use features that solve customer problems and evaluate product success
You will be effective if you have:
- Experience in fintech, financial advisory, and/or brokerage services; CFA a plus
- 2-3+ years of product management experience
- Strong analytical background with some prior experience in either finance, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or physics
- Ability to execute against defined objectives both tactically and strategically
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of success in launching and iterating consumer products
- Ability to learn quickly
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top