You are a creative super force with a deep understanding of how people functionally interact with machines. You live on the internet and act as an ambassador by making a jungle of information beautiful and approachable. You are passionate about creating great user experiences on everything from the web to mobile devices.
You look at the world around you, and see opportunities to improve the design and experience of everything. You are frustrated with financial products and know you can build a better customer experience.
At Betterment, you’ll be working with other people who are passionate about this type of work. You’ll contribute directly to projects that help us grow our customer base, build our brand, and improve our customers’ financial lives.
About the Right Team Member
- You know that small, incremental changes can lead to big gains
- You’re interested in using user data to inform your decisions
- You’re excited about having a direct impact on the growth of the largest independent robo-advisor
- Create user flows, information architecture, interaction models, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes
- Synthesize competitor offerings, customer feedback, site metrics and usability reports into user-centered designs
- Iterate rapidly and work collaboratively with product managers, developers, and designers
We are seeking candidates who exhibit a strong desire to work in a startup environment and a record of high achievement. Successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years experience in product development teams working on user experience/interaction design
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates advanced skills in web and mobile user experience design
- Passion about what you do and an obsession with staying on top of UX / UI trends and tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- HTML and CSS skills
- Familiarity with Git or other version control system
- Familiarity with user research and usability testing
- Work onsite at our NYC HQ
- HTML email experience
- Experience implementing data visualizations
- You’re familiar with Brad Frost’s work.
Come join us
Please include your resume, a link to your portfolio and a brief cover letter in pdf format with your application.
Back to top