Head of Customer Experience
About the right team member:
You’re an entrepreneurial leader with a focus on the customer. You are excited by the opportunity of building and leading a world-class customer experience team that is closely aligned with the customer’s journey from acquisition to servicing. Creating, driving and rolling out processes and systems from the ground-up to streamline operations and enhance the customer’s experience is of the utmost importance to you. You love the challenge of balancing automation and human touch while also focusing on enhancing the overall experience. You have a passion for setting the performance bar high and delivering.
You enjoy the responsibility of fast growth and thrive in a culture of innovation. You are equal parts Product, People and Data focused, and you recognize how important cross functional collaboration is to create a long-term strategy for your customer's’ journey. You have a natural ability to inspire and motivate others and embrace the chance to build out a team. You have a vision for the future of customer experience as an integrated part of the product experience, leveraging technology first, as a differentiator and a catalyst for driving efficient scale and growth.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead a highly complex and innovative multi-channel operation, including setting short and long term technology and automation strategies, for scaling efficiently and with a focus on delivering outcomes that drive top and bottom line growth
- Set the strategic direction for delivering gold-standard servicing experiences to our customers that reinforce Betterment’s value proposition and competitive advantages
- Build a support and service organization that is incredibly dynamic and capable of adapting and personalizing based on a deep understanding of each customer’s goals and needs
- Partner with our analytics and research teams to craft a robust customer insight and voice of the customer program that leverages daily interaction data points from the team, and analyzes and shares insights across the company to better enhance the customer experience
- Align LTV maximizing strategies with our marketing, brand and creative teams to execute acquisition and growth initiatives, delighting our customers along the way
- Work closely with functional partners, including broker-dealer operations, legal and compliance teams, using state-of-the-art technology to improve customer satisfaction and increase efficiency in equal parts
- Motivate, challenge and inspire a seasoned team of professionals who are passionate about personal finance and delivering an unparalleled customer experience each and every day
You will be effective if you have:
- Demonstrated proficiencies overseeing complex business units, driving process improvements and continuous change, and working collaboratively across all functions to build a holistic end-to-end view of the customer journey
- Increased the quality of each customer touchpoint, including acquisition, on-boarding, servicing and retaining customers, to amplify moments of truth and capitalize on key opportunities
- Proven success as a values-based leader, working efficiently to meet goals for rapid growth, who can build and maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership and accountability that encourages people to do the best work of their lives
- The ability to articulate and align around business values and growth as well as cost management and team dynamics, balancing each, and delivering premium results
- Demonstrated quantitative experience analyzing data, turning data into insights to draw conclusions, and making convincing recommendations to senior leadership team
- Experience growing and motivating high-performing teams, with proven ability to attract, develop and inspire top talent as well as demonstrated experience owning P&Ls
- The ability to influence partners and teams that do not directly report into you, including negotiating partnerships, managing vendors, and representing the business in the market
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a fast-growing, technology company
- SaaS or Financial Services experience
- Experience with both B2C and B2B companies
- Worked in both acquisition and servicing environments
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top