Group Product Manager - Activation
About the right team member:
You are a talented and focused product leader. You have a proven track record of building features and managing teams that accelerate customer and lifetime value growth for highly-considered products. You will own all aspects of our prospective customer product experience including our discovery experience, sign-up funnels across platforms, and marketing platforms.
You are a natural collaborator who enjoys building a team and partnering with Marketing and other cross-functional stakeholders. You can roll up your sleeves and explain complex requirements to engineers or designers and also zoom out to focus on the product strategy and roadmap. You are analytical by nature and experienced in utilizing A/B testing to iterate your way to the best customer experience.
You lead with openness, trust, and a strong focus on people development. You rapidly build rapport with new people and teams and are respected by peers as a strong and honest partner. You have a working knowledge of marketing fundamentals throughout the customer lifecycle and are passionate about building a business that will change the space forever.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Harmonize ideas on strategy, planning, and execution for growth and engagement initiatives. This includes new efforts, enhancements, and maintenance for existing features.
- Develop and communicate a forward-looking vision to drive customer signups and ongoing product engagement in partnership with the CMO and Marketing organization.
- Join a cross-functional leadership team comprising product, design, engineering, investing, and marketing. This team drives our business strategy, oversees the product roadmap, and is accountable for the ultimate success of the business.
- Build experiences that effectively communicate Betterment’s value and facilitate the efficient acquisition of new customers.
- Create a data-driven culture with a deep understanding of the competitive landscape through analysis, user research, and experimentation.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to both your team's members and your peers, including 2-3 direct reports.
- Have a direct impact on key business results every day.
You will be effective if you have:
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally 4+ years in product leadership.
- 2+ years of managerial experience with experience building and leading high-performing Product Managers.
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Experience partnering with marketing organizations to drive product growth.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrated success as a values-based leader who can build and maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability.
- Strong written and oral communication, collaboration, and influence skills; able to drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts.
- A holistic approach to driving growth efficiency across the customer lifecycle, and a good sense of how your initiatives are contributing to them.
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with delivering innovative technology products/services that drive exponential growth in a customer base.
- A solid understanding of investing and financial advisory products.
- Familiarity with paid media channels and optimizing associated experiences to drive value.
- Experience working directly with marketing technology and CRM systems.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $14 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 370,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Engineering Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top