Director of Product - Betterment for Business
About the right team member:
You are a talented and driven product leader. You have a proven track record of enterprise product delivery, and take pride in leading the end to end product management efforts for your product lines. You are a natural collaborator who enjoys building a team along with partnering with cross functional stakeholders in marketing, design, engineering, sales, and account management.
You are someone who can roll up your sleeves and explain complex requirements to engineers or designers, then dive into analysis while zooming out to focus on the product strategy and roadmap. You believe in experimenting - build, fail fast, learn quickly and iterate - push the limits and the boundaries throughout the process.
You lead with openness, trust, and a strong focus on people development. You rapidly build rapport with new people and teams and you are respected by peers as a strong and honest partner. You have extensive knowledge and experience in the 401(k) industry and are passionate about building a business that will change the space forever.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Own and lead all aspects of the Betterment for Business product. This includes brand new initiatives, enhancements and maintenance for existing features.
- Take ownership and accountability in defining detailed product requirements, ensuring that the product meets customers needs, growth goals and adoption targets.
- Join a cross-functional leadership team comprising product, engineering, marketing, business success and new business leadership. This team is tasked with driving our business strategy, owning the P&L, and overseeing the product roadmap and is accountable for setting and reaching targets, and for the ultimate success of the business.
- Build trusted relationships with our investing, design, engineering and marketing teams to craft and launch beautiful, easy-to-use features that solve plan sponsor and participant problems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Financial Services and the 401(k) space. Leverage industry experience to help build a best-in-class 401(k) business that is core to Betterment’s overall strategy.
- Provide a forward-looking product management vision for Betterment for Business to drive clarity and keep the team moving forward.
- Create a data driven culture through a deep understanding of the competitive landscape through analysis, user research, and experimentation.
- Train and partner with Sales and Business Success teams to answer product questions for plan sponsors.
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of product leadership in Financial Services/401(k) market.
- 2+ years of managerial experience with experience building and leading high-performing teams. Proven ability to attract, develop and inspire top talent.
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- The ability to lead and influence partners and teams that do not directly report into you.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated success as a values-based leader who can build and maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership and accountability that empowers people to do the best work of their lives.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with and interest in personal finance & investing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Product Design Manager
Jaime uses consumer feedback in order to build the automated financial planning products that empower Betterment's customers to take control of their financial futures.
Back to top