Why spend your summer at Betterment?
Our paid internship is a 10-week fully immersive program where you will make big contributions in a short amount of time. Betterment’s internship program is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: We invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our inner-workings. You’ll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, and gain knowledge for future endeavors. Best of all, you get to experience what it’s like working for a leading fintech robo-advisor in the industry — in the heart of New York City.
About the right intern:
We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable student to work closely with our design team. You are self-motivated, eager to learn new things, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and enthusiastic about all things design. You’ll contribute directly to projects that help us grow our customer base, build our brand, and improve our customers’ financial lives. Most of all, you want to hone your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same.
- Be able to interpret an existing brand and visual language into new materials
- Create advertising/acquisition materials such as banner ads or landing pages
- Design customer communications such as emails
- Participate in visual and product design collaboration
- Provide support to the design team
- Strong understanding of design process and principles
- Knowledge of current design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with a team of designers and product managers
- Strong creative instincts and a confident design aesthetic
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and a sense of humor
- Rising Senior working towards a Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with acquisition marketing- ads, landing pages, emails, etc.
- Familiarity with wireframing and prototyping
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Product Design Manager
Jaime uses consumer feedback in order to build the automated financial planning products that empower Betterment's customers to take control of their financial futures.
Back to top