About the Right Team Member
You’re excited about a career in data-driven content marketing with a fast-growing company that puts customers first. You want to work in an important, highly engaged marketing channel, and you have a track record of getting stuff done.
You’re passionate about investing and the robo-advisory space. You want to lead our editorial strategy, producing exceptional content for all three of our business lines: Betterment retail, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Your content will help educate customers about their investments, retirement plans, and savings strategies. It will help educate advisors and plan sponsors about our B2B offerings, and help 401(k) plan sponsors educate their employees on financial wellness.
- The Content Manager will be a member of Marketing’s editorial team and serve as the lead editor for Betterment’s three business lines: Betterment retail, which is for individual investors; Betterment for Business, which is our 401(k) offering; and Betterment for Advisors, which allows financial advisors to use Betterment’s technology to manage their clients’ assets.
- The Content Manager’s goal is to help Betterment become known for our investing expertise, increase brand awareness, and drive customer acquisition through producing exceptional content. This person will be successful in his or her first 60 days if he or she is able to identify the gaps we currently have in our content; work with the Investing, Advice, Customer Support, Product, and Engineering teams to formulate an editorial roadmap; and begin executing on that strategy immediately.
- Working with Communications, Editorial, and Product colleagues who cover different functions, the Content Manager will have editorial oversight of content (in the form of articles, white papers, and short-form copy) that appears on the Betterment Resource Center, on third-party sites (e.g., syndicated pieces), and in the Betterment service.
- The Content Manager will be responsible for enlisting and managing freelance writers as needed, but he or she will also write the content as it makes sense for the editorial strategy.
- This person will work closely with the members of the team to determine the best way to measure content. He or she will work with all key stakeholders to ensure our content meets advice and compliance requirements.
- 5-7+ years’ experience as an editor, including previous experience creating B2B content for a website. Should have writing experience, as well.
- Extensive experience writing, assigning, and editing financial content. Candidate should have worked with and managed a team of freelance contributors.
- Experience managing and executing projects across multiple teams.
- High level of financial planning knowledge. Must be familiar with the robo-advisory space, and the retirement space.
- Must be a team player who works well under pressure in an extremely fast-paced, multitasking environment.
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Product Design Manager
Jaime uses consumer feedback in order to build the automated financial planning products that empower Betterment's customers to take control of their financial futures.
Back to top