Capital Markets Associate
About the right team member
You are a technical business analyst with strong operational expertise in trading and execution. You are excited to use both your capital market expertise and quantitative rigor to propose, coordinate, and drive key projects relating to the ongoing research and development of the Betterment trading system.
A normal project cycle for you will involve defining business cases, designing specs, and managing releases of either new platform functionality or systematic improvements across both production trading, custody, and research environments.
Your success in this role will be defined by improvements in execution quality, trading scale, and maximizing economies of scale across the Betterment platform.
- Cross-collaboration with Betterment’s custody, financial planning, and investment teams as well as partnerships with external counterparties.
- Identify new trading and execution features/projects and coordinate internal and external partners from business case → requirements → planning → design → testing → implementation
- Identify and deliver front to back platform improvements across both production trading and research environments
- Improve business reporting metrics including; execution quality, trade volumes, and cost analytics
- Help manage external counterparty relationships and onboard new partners
- Create & drive internal communications process
We are seeking candidates with a process-oriented mindset and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment. Successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years of experience in financial services (buy or sell side), software, or consulting, contributing to the development of complex systems, analysis, software or financial products
- B.S. or higher degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- A passion for capital markets
- Some experience with project management and demonstrated success at collaborative deliverables
- Experience shipping complex, highly technical,and timely initiatives
- Technical experience recognizing patterns of inefficiency and opportunity, and implementing durable programmatic solutions
- Pragmatic, process driven, results oriented
Come join us
Back to top