Business Success Associate
About the right team member:
You understand and can explain complex financial services and 401(k) principals in an easy to understand way to customers. You excel at helping people making better financial decisions and welcome the opportunity to change the way companies help their employees save for retirement.
You love exceeding client expectations, have strong attention to detail, and know what it means to champion a brand. You are the voice of the company for clients, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment in an area where they haven’t previously been delighted. You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and are very organized.
This role is on the Business Success team within Betterment for Business, Betterment’s 401(k) product.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Successfully assist our 401(k) plan sponsor clients with all questions, specifically as it relates to recordkeeping and reporting, payroll administration, audit, and some compliance oversight
- Provide ongoing 401(k) support for plan sponsors
- Be the internal voice of the 401(k) client to offer insights to Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to help build a better product
- Deliver above-and-beyond client service
- Approximately 80% client-facing/20% project-based work
You will be effective if you have:
- A minimum of 2 years financial services or technology work experience
- 401(k) experience - ideal candidate has retirement industry designation (e.g. DC-1)
- Strong desire to work in a startup environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to adapt, be creative, and learn
- Scrappy, “can-do” attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Katelyn L.Lead Software Engineer
Katelyn oversees a team of software engineers who build the technical frameworks for Betterment’s 401K platform. She balances her time managing a team of engineers, as well as writing and reviewing code.
Back to top