Broker/Dealer Operations Team Lead
- New York, NY
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Betterment! We are all finding ourselves in an uncertain environment given the ongoing developments with Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, Betterment’s mission is to empower people to make the most of their money so they can live better, and we maintain that steadfast commitment regardless of market conditions.
We are hiring slowly but thoughtfully at this time. We will be reviewing all applications for each open role on a weekly basis through June, 2020. Given this shift in hiring pace, you may not hear back from us for a few weeks. If your application seems like a good fit for this position, we will contact you in order to schedule a phone interview.
About the right team member:
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky and resolving it quickly and appropriately.
You grasp complex topics quickly and are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative and holistic manner. You are a strong communicator and an experienced people manager who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. You take comfort in numbers and data-driven conclusions while possessing a strong intellectual curiosity for how things work. You are excited to support our customer operations team and play a crucial role in keeping our business growing and running smoothly.
At Betterment, our Operations team is keen on efficiency and iteration. We are talented and eager to learn from our colleagues, and to help make them better. There is no job too small for us; we are focused and we always strive for excellence.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Run the daily operations of Betterment’s Broker/Dealer function, leading the team to:
- Review and process account transactions efficiently and accurately
- Monitor fraud risk across the business
- Oversee daily cash and equity reconciliation reports
- Field third party requests
- Manage a team of three Broker/Dealer Operations associates
- Serve as the ultimate point of escalation and resolution for all customer-related operational issues
- Suggest improvements to operational processes to increase efficiency and scalability
- Troubleshoot operational problems and collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Work with the Customer Experience team on operational topics to provide a unified customer experience
You will be effective if you have:
- Prior experience at a bank/financial institution in back-office operations, finance, investing, or business administration
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with little guidance
- Strong intuition to assess and resolve unclear situations with limited information
- Exceptional communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- 1-2 years of people management experience
- SQL experience
- Former experience working at a broker-dealer or regulated financial institution
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top