Brand Design Lead
About the right team member:
You love design and are passionate about developing clear, consistent, delightful communications to our customers. You’re frustrated with financial products and believe that customers deserve better. You’re self-motivated, learning new skills quickly, with a sense for what you’ll develop next. You want to have a direct impact on the growth of the largest independent online financial advisor.
At Betterment we hire designers with a deep foundation in communication design—folks who are talented and eager to both learn from their colleagues and help make them better. As a design team, we're focused and always strive for excellence. And as a company, we're committed to being the only financial partner that you can be sure is continuously working to maximize your money.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Design and evolve Betterment’s visual identity as we scale
- Collaborate with other designers, writers, marketing professionals, and others to guide our brand forward
- Design a range of communications inclusive of product branding, events, and ads
- Execute against several work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based projects
- Work with external agencies providing constructive feedback, managing creative approvals, and insisting on visually stunning output
- Work among a talented team of designers, providing one another feedback and perspective, aiming for a cohesive experience across all touchpoints
- Add depth and polish to our recently updated brand
You will be effective if you have:
- A portfolio of extraordinary brand and communication design work inclusive of identities, illustrations and visualizations for print, on-screen graphic design, and environmental experiences
- 6+ years experience in a marketing-specific, design-related field at a design agency or in-house team
- A high attention to detail and passion for quality
- The ability to own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight, and you're comfortable with ambiguity and changes in direction
- A highly collaborative working style—you'll work with others to empower and encourage the proper use of the brand, and you are receptive to feedback and direction
- Effective communication skills—you can clearly articulate your design decisions and you're comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams and executives
- Organization skills—you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your work
Bonus points if you have:
- Read Robert Brignhurst’s The Elements of Typographic Style
- Understanding of how to create assets for multi-resolution platforms
- Experience implementing data visualizations
- Video and motion design experience
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Meet Some of Betterment's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Cyrus runs Betterment's Financial Planning Team. He's responsible for building delightful customer experiences that help users make smart and profitable financial investments.
Back to top