B2B Content Manager
About the right team member:
You’re excited about a career in data-driven content marketing with a fast-growing company that puts customers first. You want to work in an important, highly engaged marketing channel, and you have a track record of getting stuff done.
You’re passionate about retirement, 401(k) space, and advisory space. You want to lead our B2B editorial strategy, producing exceptional content for our two B2B lines: Betterment for Advisors and Betterment for Business. Your content will help educate advisors and plan sponsors about our offering, and help 401(k) plan sponsors educate their employees on financial wellness.
The B2B Content Manager will be a member of Marketing’s content team and serve as the lead B2B editor and writer for Betterment’s B2B business lines: Betterment for Advisors (B4A) and Betterment for Business (B4B).
- Produce exceptional B2B content and help Betterment become known for our advisory and 401(k) expertise.
- Identify the gaps we currently have in our B2B content, work with the right team members to formulate an editorial roadmap for the B2B business lines, and begin executing on that strategy immediately.
- Partner closely with communications, editorial, product and business teams to build strategy around editorial content
- Editorial oversight of B2B content (in the form of articles, white papers, short-form copy, videos, interactives, sales collateral, ebooks, SlideShare, and more) that appears on the Betterment Resource Center, Betterment.com, third-party sites (e.g., syndicated pieces), and in the Betterment service.
- Write content as it makes sense for the B2B strategy; responsible for enlisting and managing freelance writers as needed.
- Work closely with the B2B teams to generate ideas, develop an editorial calendar and measure content centered around these businesses. In B4B, this will include: helping our sales team grow their pipeline, creating informative pieces for our clients to increase our client-servicing efficiency, and increasing our retail presence for B4B participants. Additionally, this person will work with all key stakeholders to ensure our B2B content meets advice and compliance requirements.
- 5-7+ years’ experience as an editor, including previous experience creating B2B content for a website. Should have writing experience, as well.
- Extensive experience writing, assigning, and editing financial content. Candidate should have worked with and managed a team of freelance contributors.
- Experience managing and executing projects across multiple teams
- High level of retirement and/or financial planning knowledge. Must be familiar with the robo-advisory space, the 401(k) space (e.g. understands the landscape of recordkeepers and TPAs), and the retirement space.
- Must be a team player who works well under pressure in an extremely fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Must be excited to help define B2B content strategy and also comfortable executing on that strategy.
Back to top