Why spend your summer at Betterment?
Our paid internship is a 10-week fully immersive program where you will make big contributions in a short amount of time. Betterment’s internship program is the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship: We invest time in teaching, training, and mentoring you while gaining from your creativity, enthusiasm, and new approaches to our inner-workings. You’ll get hands-on experience in a professional workplace, make valuable contacts, and gain knowledge for future endeavors. Best of all, you get to experience what it’s like working for a leading fintech robo-advisor in the industry — in the heart of New York City.
About the right intern:
We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable student to work closely with our Controller. You are someone who digs into the details and loves numbers, but can step back and see the big picture. You are self-motivated, eager to learn new things, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and enthusiastic about all things accounting/finance. Most of all, you want to hone your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same.
- Assist with day to day operations of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Support in the month end close process and financial reporting
- Work with your mentor to identify a strategic project that will leave a lasting impact
- Work with Accounting team to fine-tune our current processes and implement new initiatives
- Vendor management & payment processing
- Junior working toward a Bachelor’s degree, Majoring in Accounting/Finance
- Completed at least 2 college level accounting courses
- Self-starter with meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
Back to top