Software Engineer in Test
- New York, NY
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work within a product team. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, is a quality evangelist, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This is primarily an automated testing role, and a chance to learn and improve your test automation skills using cutting edge techniques. The test team is currently small, but has big plans, which you can directly contribute to.
- Test automation tools include Selenium, Pytest and Jest; with Browserstack for cross browser, Cypress, React Testing Library and Ember Test
- On the frontend we use Ember, React, and Sass.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support a product team to determine the fitness of features for release by performing exploratory and context driven manual testing
- Become a subject matter expert for your area of the product
- Identify gaps in automated test coverage and fill them with automated tests. Use the knowledge gained during manual testing to inform what should be automated.
- Evangelize for quality within the team
- Some possible projects include extending visual testing for our component library, enhancing our mobile testing, speeding up the tests that run within continuous delivery, or building contract tests over our microservices.
- Prior experience in a testing role which includes automation testing
- Ability to see the big picture from the user perspective. In particular, experience testing a consumer product is preferred.
- You are detailed, organized, and inquisitive
- You are interested in inspecting code to inform testing
- Some experience with shell scripting and helping to maintain a continuous integration environment is a bonus
- Have a desire for continuous learning. In particular, interested in learning more about test automation
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Back to top