Senior Manager Post Closing
- New York, NY
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Responsibilities will include:
- Package and deliver loans to our investors
- Analyze and formulate curative measures for investor conditions
- Scan and upload closing packages received from title companies
- Ensure delivery of collateral to our warehouse banks
- Perform detailed audits on closed loans prior to investor delivery to ensure that loan is in compliance with federal and state laws, as well as applicable investor guidelines.
- Assist in effectively communicating with investors to satisfy all post-closing and post-purchase audit discrepancies.
- Verifies that all stipulations requested are valid and met to ensure that loans are saleable/purchased.
- Monitors pipeline views to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
- Receive trailing documents, ensure they are in compliance, and deliver to the investor within the required time frames.
- Satisfy all internal and external audit requests within the required timeframes.
- Effect required transfers to investors for PMI, insurance, and MERS
- Package and deliver loans to ensure government ensuring requirements are met
- 3-5 years of experience in the direct closing process
- Significant post-closing experience either in a post-closing manager position packaging loans to investors OR experience in: underwriting, quality control, quality assurance, or secondary review experience in a consumer mortgage environment.
- Strong understanding of agency underwriting guidelines
- Experience communicating directly with investors on a daily basis
- Ability to handle multiple files simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Perform well in team environments
- The drive to build something new
- Management experience a plus
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Back to top