Senior Front End Engineer - Borrower Experience
- New York, NY
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us hack a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life. Our tech team is small, and you will be a big part of defining the technical direction and culture. We encourage proposals for projects off the beaten path, experimentation with different frameworks and libraries, and doing as you see fit to solve problems.
We are working hard to make the mortgage experience extraordinary, and we need great frontend engineers to do it. Every behavior and interaction matters in helping our borrowers easily navigate a complex process. As part of our tech team, you will play a key role in helping us create delightful customer facing experiences in a sound and scalable way.
- You have extensive experience with React, Ember, Angular, Vue or other modern JS frameworks (React preferred)
- You have some experience with Node.js.
- Your interpersonal skills allow you to effectively collaborate cross functionally with with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- You have a keen product sense and know when a feature works and when it can be improved.
- You have a good visual and aesthetic sense – a portfolio of past projects is a huge bonus.
- You’re passionate about shipping fast, smooth, seamless experiences.
- 6+ years of experience working in a production environment preferred
- We do continuous deployment and we ship code 50-100 times every day
- Our tech stack is React and Node.js
- We use TypeScript and Python for services
- Redshift for our data warehouse, Postgres for the production databases
- Kubernetes, for deployment and devops
- AWS for infrastructure, leveraging EC2, S3, Redshift, CloudFront, Route53, and much more
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Back to top