Senior Copywriter, Content
- New York, NY
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
What you’ll do as a Senior Copywriter, Content
- Build out the Better.com editorial offering with short-, medium-, and long-form writing
- Make sense of complexity with conversational writing that aligns with strategic objectives
- Work alongside content and SEO experts to engage audiences at multiple touchpoints
- Respond to feedback provided by internal department heads and external stakeholders
- Educate readers on their long and sometimes complicated path toward homeownership
What we’re looking for in a Senior Copywriter, Content
In this role, you’ll partner closely with content strategy to produce expert-driven commentary that lives across the Better digital ecosystem. Ideally, you’re the kind of person who can dive head-first into a complicated topic and come out on the other side with a well-rounded point of view that you can articulate to others.
- You have at least 5+ years copywriting experience
- You have a portfolio that shows a rich, creative spectrum of copywriting work
- You can identify content pieces that will support your clients’ marketing goals
- You can take complex information and reframe it in a way that anyone can understand
- You are at least somewhat familiar with the world of finance (or you're down to learn)
- You are empathetic by nature and work well with others
- You’re at the expert level in G-suite (bonus if you know your way around Figma)
- You’re a self-motivated individual who doesn't wait to be told what to do
- You take criticism in your stride and know when to stand up for your ideas
- You die a little inside when you see that someone left out an Oxford comma
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Back to top